The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) has a number of programs, initiatives and resources that make it a valuable source of information on various subjects related to boating and fishing. Listed below is the primary RBFF expert, as well as a list of topics that RBFF experts are amply equipped to address. Please contact us to request comments.
RBFF IN-HOUSE EXPERT: FRANK PETERSON
When it comes to all matters related to boating and fishing, RBFF’s President and CEO is well equipped to answer the gamut of questions. On a daily basis, Frank Peterson communicates with a wide range of stakeholders connected to these activities — from federal and state agencies to boat manufacturers and sporting goods retailers — making him a great source for all stories related to the great outdoors.
RBFF RESOURCES: EXPERT TOPICS
RBFF has conducted numerous research reports over the past several years and can speak about a variety of issues related to Americans’ involvement in boating and fishing. RBFF is available to speak to a number of timely topics, including:
- BOATING AND FISHING IN THE U.S. - RBFF can offer sources to answer the range of questions related to participation rates, overall attitudes toward boating and fishing, and behaviors among those who take part in these recreational activities.
- CHILDREN, BOATING AND FISHING - RBFF’s education initiative works specifically to introduce more youth to boating and fishing. RBFF is available to answer questions about youngsters and their involvement in recreational boating and fishing.
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND CONSERVATION - People who boat and fish are more likely to recycle, donate money to environmental organizations and get involved in conservation activities than those who do not. When it comes to boating and fishing activities as they relate to environmental responsibility and conservation efforts, RBFF has a wealth of knowledge about boaters, anglers and their strong ties to the environment.
- RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN BOATING AND FISHING - Do people who own boats also get involved in fishing? Does recreational fishing, in turn, get people interested in boating activities? RBFF’s experts have the answers to these questions and others like them.
- WHERE TO BOAT AND FISH - TakeMeFishing.org was created as a single online destination for boaters and anglers of all ages and experience levels to find places to boat and fish. It is the key destination for participants to take action. Whether it’s planning a trip, exploring different styles of boats, buying a fishing license or checking out the latest equipment, TakeMeFishing.org is the most comprehensive boating and fishing website available nationwide. The experts who help maintain this award-winning site can talk about the abundance of options available – from saltwater to freshwater– and how to choose the best location for individual preferences.
- FISHING LICENSE BUYING HABITS - RBFF’s experts can explain the various trends in state fishing license sales, as well as offer general insights on how and when people buy fishing licenses throughout the U.S.
- TRENDS IN RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION OF ANGLERS - Every five years, the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service publishes extensive data on the number of people who fish, how much they spend and other related trends. RBFF’s experts are well versed in these topics and can speak about angler recruitment and retention.