RBFF recently attended ICAST, the world’s largest sportfishing show, where 13,000+ fishing manufacturers and retailers convene to display the latest innovations in gear, tackle, accessories.
RBFF is a proud sponsor of the ICAST Industry Breakfast, which addresses the state of the industry to the media and other industry stakeholders. The RBFF team had a very productive show this year. An excellent place to connect with fishing industry stakeholders and build awareness of our efforts, the team focused on communicating the latest fishing participation numbers and building awareness and engagement with our resources, such as research. We also worked to build partnerships with companies that share RBFF's values and leverage trade media relationships to get the word out about all these efforts.
While on-site, RBFF participated in multiple events to accomplish its goals:
- President & CEO Dave Chanda spoke at the Industry Breakfast to an audience of 600-700, announcing the 2023 Special Report on Fishing findings and sharing Take Me Fishing’s newest consumer-facing campaign, “Find Your Best Self on the Water” video, which received enthusiastic applause.
- Stephanie Vatalaro, SVP of Marketing & Communications, participated in two Lunch & Learn sessions. The first was with Rob Southwick to educate the industry on trends in participation. Secondly, on a panel to provide retailers with tips to improve their businesses.
- Director of Partnerships and Sponsorships Rachel Auslander coordinated meetings with existing and prospective partners such as KastKing, Fishbrain, West Marine, Bonnier, and USFWS Partner with a Payer team.
- Bruna Carincotte, Director of PR & Communications, set up and facilitated trade media interviews with Angling International magazine and Fishing Tackle Retailer magazine, in addition to supporting the show pressroom with RBFF/TMF news and info while launching the 2023 Special Report on Fishing at the show.
- Program manager Eric Wilson supported the SCDNR Mobile First Catch Center booth, where there was interest in the program and people inquiring how they could partner with us.
- Working as a team, RBFF hosted a sold-out Women’s Engagement Breakfast on Thursday morning. Sponsored by KastKing, RBFF had a room of over one hundred women and men and media attendees who were interested in hearing about Take Me Fishing’s women’s campaign.
Rachel Piacenza, Senior Director of Marketing, and Vatalaro presented Find Your Best Self on the Water research and campaign components. The campaign’s 60-second ad received exceptional feedback and compliments. In addition, attendees got a real-life example of how Marine Max, a multi-state retailer, implemented a free women’s education and community program.
RBFF looks forward to making more splashes at ICAST next year!
Follow RBFF on LinkedIn for more information on RBFF's presence at industry and states events and other communications.